Billionaire Bill Gates and his wife Melinda have formed the famous Gates Foundation
as a way to help those in critical need. The Gates Foundation has asked the public
to submit ideas/dreams for them to consider in their mission to help solve society’s problems.
So, I have submitted the following idea, which we call the “Good Mansion”,
since disabled adults can afford to live in a real mansion by pooling their money,
and then also can hire full time nursing, part time doctors, and other staff.
From my letter to info@GatesFoundation.org :
We heard that you wanted to hear some good ideas.
See our article on what is wrong with Group Homes now.
We would like to see the mentally ill now living in very small Group Homes,
pool their Social Security Disability (SSA, SSI) monthly checks into having larger homes of 50-100 people where their monthly checks combine to get them full time nursing, doctors/dentists visits weekly, and much better living conditions.
The disabled mentally ill, when stabilized on their medicines are released
into the community to these unlicensed group homes, serving maybe 4-8 people
in each home, and making a profit for the landlords.
Unfortunately, when these patients, who get around $674 per month maximum,
pool their money, they could get much better results than the problems
found in the report we wrote for examiner.com quoted above .
1. 674/month times 100 people = $67,400.00 per month available for living.
2. 674/month times 50 people = $33,700.00 per month available for living.
So there is plenty of money to obtain a great standard of living
and reduce how many mentally ill people wind up in prison, costing
us all, when they wander away from the groups homes now, due to very poor conditions.
Please consider this idea to help these poor people, just by pooling their own money and
living in larger homes etc. with better staff, adequate food, and a decent life.
Someone just needs to organize this by obtaining/cosigning for the buildings, hiring the staff, and
these disabled people will come, they are all very unhappy with the current situation, as reported in my article.
Thanks for your time.
———— end of letter to Gates Foundation, sent 11-20-2010 ——————
Please spread the word to pray for this dream plan to move forward,
here is a list of benefits that could be obtained through this program called the
1. Reduced need for prison space for the mentally disabled.
2. New jobs for the public ! The Good Mansions will need management, nursing, and other staff.
3. Improved living conditions and improved benefits for the recipients of tax dollars for the disabled. The money is better spent as intended, with less going to third party landlords.
4. A solution for families that want long term safety for their loved ones, especially after the families are no longer alive or well enough to care for their disabled family members and friends.
5. Improve public safety by replacing unlicensed group homes with a secure place where the mentally disabled are not allowed to wander off into the community without supervision, as they do now, causing danger to self and to others.
6. Opportunity for researchers to study or live in this situation for identifying what works, social benefits and cures.